Thursday, March 10, 2005

Curiosity Kills the Cat

I dont know why, but i like this Phrase a lot - "Curiosity kills the cat".

I really do not understand why this Phrase got its existance. But i like it. Probably the Cat is too very much curious, just like me. And gets killed everytime it expects something to happen, just like me. During my NIIT days, i was the only guy who completed the SQL Server 7.0 Online test in 20 minutes. The exam was supposed to be going for 1.5 hours. Most of the other guys were not ready to submit, even though they completed in 30 minutes. They were doing something called "Review of answeres", which i completely didnt like. I clicked on submit, and i was the Topper there.

I followed the same process/technique/superstition and clicked Submit in my next Java exam. And nobody got worse than me. I was lowest. I didnt know how to react. Usually this realization comes to most of us, when we get low marks. "Marks and test dont evaluate the knowledge of the person".

My MSc results are about to come, and i already told the above philosophy to my mom twice. Thats called preparing minds to accept the worst, and getting curious at the same time.

God Bless me and my Evaluator.

No comments: