Saturday, November 12, 2005

Vintage Torrents


My BSNL Broadband is free from 2 AM to 8 AM. So, when there are nothing else to dowload, I plug-in the SHAREAZA and start downloading a few older movies.

Bhama Vijayam and Server Sundaram is now on the Download.

More than anyone, i like the movie for BALAIYA. There is a time when every Kid hates Black and White movies. My childhood days where slaughtered by DD. I hated the announcer who will name some very old and boring MGR movie for the Next sunday, in "Munnottam". I have seen Balayya then, as a Villain. "Pssss... Nialakala Gandam" he would say in some MGR movie. I liked the style, and asked my dad about him. That was like pulling a trigger. My dad, a great fan of Balayya, started poring out the pleasure of watching him act. I didnt understand that, that time.

Now, as I grow up, I have some kind of affection towards the Vintage movies. And especially wonder that an Actor like Balayya existed in our industry. There is on Muthuraman movie (i dont remember the title) where Balaiya and a few others are threatened by some anon, that they were going to be killed. Balaiyya's fear is a high comedy and something I enjoy watching everytime. Very sad that the search for Balayya in Google returns useless results. Someone can put up something on him.

Nowadays, if there is some B/W movie on Sun TV... Im putting Avyukta on Stand-by. No doubt, "Thalayil Greedam vechcha Padam" is sure to be watched anytime. Apart from that, the Nakesh movies like "Neer Kumizhi", "Edhir Neechchal", "Server Sundaram", "Bhama Vijayam", "Kadhalikka Naeramillai" are my all time favourites. (Yaaravadhu Disc vechurundha Sollungalen !) I have watched Raja Raja Chozhan, umpty number of times, and Yet 'am not bored of it. Tension free, you know. I wont watch Thillana Mohanaambal like that. Just watch the funny scenes.. especially the Balaiya ones (the train sequence still runs on my eyes). Nunippul Meydhal.

I think Delhi Ganesh is a similar Character Artist who excels like that. Dont you think ?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey keerti ...this is how i bumped into amalan too...

Anonymous said...

hi five machi..i too hated U.M.Kannan(Munnotam announcer), ella comment'kum oru sappa kattu kattuvar, watched Munnotam just for the movie announcement. Those days I too used to think, aah pazhaya padam podrana. more than pazhaya padam, DD used to come up with the most boring colour movies of those times. I don't get to watch old movies in the last 10 years. I did watch Kadhalikka Neramillai quite a few times though, I like Nagesh's narration of that pei kadhai to Balaiya 'gidu gidu gidu gidu' hahaha. Thiruvilayadal is good too, the grandeur with which it was produced are certainly worth having in a collection.

KRTY said...

shivshankar, HEY !!! just checked you blog(s). Cool. Amalan has blog too ?

narayanan, neenga sollradhu Edhiroli. :0 thats a useless programme.

Anonymous said...

so funny i went searching for blogs in chennai ..bumped into two of my high school buddie

Anonymous said...

joly'a movie download pandringa, anna, my Hathway connection dont have that facilities:(.

Anonymous said...

Edhiroli..Munnotam, renduthayum kozhappitena :-s. sila Jaishanker thrillers ellam nalla irukkum. Nilagiri Express is one I can remember of. pretty sure there are umpteen such Jaishanker movies like that, he was famous for it.

Anonymous said...

Rendume nalla movies, the former I have in VCD and the latter in bits and pieces in VHS. Actually, both movies capture a piece of the past that is so comforting if you were someone not of the "MTV generation" :-)

Anonymous said...

I dunno much about Torrenting but would give anything to have these 2 films. Any ideas on where to get started?

KRTY said...

shiv, super.. amalan URL kodappa !!

jeevan, yen illa. I know a few friends of mine, who are subscribed to Hathway.. downloadin movies.

narayanan, Jaishankar's Pattinathil Bootham is a never-boring movie.

thennavan, vera enna padam irukku ? i mean vintage ones.

krithika, www.tamiltorrents.com .. do not tell anyione i told you this. If you are forced to do so, then just take that pill thats hanging in your chain.. and give it a bite. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Keerthi,

This is Ram from Dubai, another B&W Tamil & Malayalam movie fan. Kathalikka Neramillai VCD is available at Land Mark & Planet-M both the outlets at Spencer Plaza Chennai. I am eagerly looking for VCD/DVD of 1) Server Sundaram 2) Bhama Vijayam & 3) Salangai Oli (not B&W but a classic though). Any idea whether these movies are available in any format?

Ram