Saturday, December 31, 2005

Resolutions for 2006

res·o·lu·tion - A course of action determined or decided on

Few of many people have this habit of setting Resolutions for the upcoming year. Stop. Read definition of resolution again. They grow funny in a conversation, and even funnier in a group conversation.

It is good to have a resolution for the year. Whether or not you follow it, you can escape from silly questions like "Whats your resolution of the year ?"..... I've asked this many times, when a conversation is about to end.. makes it interesting. Pathetic part is the silly answer I get.

My friend said, that he would Quit smoking in 2005. And you know what would have happened. It is better not to have such resolutions. Im not saying we should not have a habitual-nature-changing resolutions.. but its better not to have a close-to-impossible targets. Have a sensible one. Like ?

I will learn Photoshop/Flash this year, and make my blog or Site look better.
I will pause 3 seconds before i respond
I should respond all emails promptly. Never miss anything. (This is mine for 2006. Does it look like a non-sense ? It means a lot, guys).
I should make people smile at whatever chances i may get. Make conversations lighter.
I should be bold to deny to people.

You could as well take resolution like "Project:Anti-Dandruff", and try and remove the dandruff from your hair (if any. Dont tell me you dont have that problem.. )

Please dont take resolutions like "I will try to be a nice Human Being"..thats too much of an ask out of yourself. Or that will be a little artificial, to yourself.

Alright , after choosing a sensible Resolution... define your efforts. Please dont plan for it. Just keep in mind the resolution always. You will definitely do it.

Just let me know your resolutions....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a resolution.

Not to have one.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Oops! Just now posted a resolution post on my blog. Although your post is much more sensible

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Keerthi. May god bless you and your family. May all your wishes come true this new year.

Anonymous said...

Jeevan Wishes you a Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

arambichuttiya?

>>I will learn Photoshop/Flash this year

naan enikavadu mainframe programming kathukanumnu adam pidikarena? aprom yen ipdi?
neraya loan irukku ba... koncham vittu vai:))

vazhthukkal for yr resolutions.

me too have some :D

and last but not the least WISH U A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR

KRTY said...

thennavan, Very Good resolution that is. Hope you keep it :)

krithika, Please change your resolution. make it 1280 X 1024.

ghost particle, Thanks a lot. :) I wish you the same.

jeevan, nandri.

pk, :) they are not my resolutions.. they are just suggestions. Mine is just the email respond resolution.. :) thanks for the wishes.