Monday, January 09, 2006

Life changes track in 2 months

Class XII exams begin on March 2

The next weeks will decide the life of all students appearing for the exam. The amount of effort they take put me to shame. I never did anything that was even close to studying.

But I see them toil through nights and wake up before the proper 4. My cousin brother has got applications for almost all the entrance exams ranging from AIEEE to IIT.

The Parents have now started visiting temples. The teachers started working extra shifts. Their younger brothers and sisters gave up TVs and other entertainments.

The students will be memorizing that Chemistry equation, knowing the fact that their dream lies in a cubicle in Infosys.

Click here for the Timetable

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodluck to your cousin and all other bakras taking HSC exams..Best wishes !!

"......the fact that their dream lies in a cubicle in Infosys.".

Matha velaiku ellam aal vendaama ??

Anonymous said...

"their dream lies in a cubicle in Infosys..."

Add the below line as well..

".. Infosys & other IT companies, from where they can happily blog!".

Anonymous said...

"The students will be memorizing that Chemistry equation, knowing the fact that their dream lies in a cubicle in Infosys."

How true! Not to forget 4 years of toil in some random engg college. I was going through the same things. 3 years back. I never went to my school again after the results were announced. No nostalgia about the place. It was more like a concentration camp.

Anonymous said...

I had my XIIth public exams right in the middle of the '96 cricket world cup and i was watching Vinod Kambli cry like a baby instead of studying for my Chemistry (i think) exams! Padikka vendiya nerathla padichirundha..... :( sigh!

KRTY said...

prabhu, we wont get Quality Civil and Mech and Chemical engineers, when IT companies offer 2.6 L per annum, through campus.

chakra, :) Kannu vekkadheenga chakra.

krithika, naan romba padikkalai.. so, school was like a fun place. I used to be in the computer lab, bunking classes.. doing some cheap programming.. I think that was for good. But everyone else around me ( i mean the padikkara gang ) were like studying at the speed of evacuation.

bala, ada vidungappa.. naanum adhe case dhaan. but, even if we would have studied, we wouldnt have gone any better.