Monday, May 08, 2006

The Left Index Finger and the Right to Vote !


Me and my father went to the polling booth. They didnt even care to look at my Voter's ID.

I pressed against Lok Paritran. I was expecting an Alarm to get triggered, if someone votes for 49 O or Lok Paritran. Luckily nothing like that happened.

My dad came out, and I never expected him ask that question to one Booth officer.

"I have voted. Where is the color TV, 5 KGs Rice, Computer and Gold Thali ?"

The booth officer looked at us both. The look was very sympathetic. He smiled at dad and asked
"enna sir, sowkkiyamaa ?"

He was an old friend of dad, i didnt know.

But I thought that was a brilliant question, my dad asked. I wish every TN Citizen asks for it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)
make it +2
gowri vote um LP ku daan, my humble contribution:)

Anonymous said...

Hmm 'People who'll ask that question are the ones who have brains'..!! But then......

Anonymous said...

Nice to know you voted for LP :-))

KRTY said...

pk, Super. Call me for the next LP meeting.

venkittu sir, adhaan mattere !!

nithya, what about you ?

Anonymous said...

Color TV, 5kg rice, Computer --these are for poor ppl only..
not to every voters.....

Anonymous said...

Keerthi,
Thanks a lot for that Vaakaalar Pattiyal link. I was searching for an old friend for nearly a decade and while I cant get his ph no, I was atleast able to see his name, address and came to know he is married. At least that much info after all these years. Thanks a lot :-)