Thursday, June 30, 2005

July 1st - Mourning Day

The BSNL Dataone Service will no longer tolerate my P2P downloads. Iam restricted to 1 GB per month. I would have to spend Rs. 2000 to download and watch a movie.. well, you know.. Kung Fu Hustle is not worth downloading if it would cost that much.

I know many users have used this Golden opportunity, and downloaded quite a lot of movies. I accept invitations from those who are in Chennai (and reachable) with a good collection of movies downloaded on their Hard Disks. I have a decent collection of movies ripped from Original DVDs (and hosted on some remote system).

I wish the BSNL guys be more mature to lift the Download limits.. at least make it 12 GB per month. That would do.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget, Kung Fu Hustle, I don't think I'd spend that much for any movie. Atleast 10 GB sounds sensible.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Cute Baby....
i guess this is about broadband internet connection...here it is unlimited man...
but expensive tooo
Prakash

KRTY said...

Krithika.. do you know the IP address to find out the downloads done so far...

Prakash, Lucky you... i wish unlimited was here..

Anonymous said...

Hey, I got a huge collection of movies on my hard disk, and on CDs... So you can get in touch with me if you want any...

Unfortunately, I've got no broadband at home, but during term time, we have unlimited free net in our hostel rooms... The only problem is that it's quite slow, but that's quite bearable really...

Anonymous said...

Sorry..not me..!! I haven't downloaded any movies.! Not my cup of tea.!

KRTY said...

Wow Deepak. One eMail on your way.

Venkittu Sir, Singaporela you get movie CDs not here. So, thats why... ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't mind giving you all my movies, but I'm not exactly sure how you'll take them - I had, at last count, about 120 movies! (All DVD-rips...) Plus, when I'm in the hostel during term time, I have access to about 200 more... So if you buy a new 160 GB hard disk or something, you can come and fill it up... :)

Anonymous said...

It is stupid to enforce cap on download limits. I hope they relax it soon. BTW Venkitu Sir is not in Singapore.

KRTY said...

Deepak, i will take care of the movements. I got 80 GB HDD. Twice to your place, fits it. By the way where do you stay ??

Kaps.. I was thinking Venkittu sir was in Singapore.. thot i read it in some of his posts.

Anonymous said...

This is piracy!

KRTY said...

Hello Mr. One, Yes it is Piracy.
And i do it devotedly, for real good movies. I pay the same price, just as i go to the theatres. So, nothing wrong in it. Do you find something really wrong with it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a newspaper advertising site. It pretty much covers newspaper advertising related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)